This is a super simple, quick recipe using Butternut Mountain Farm Organic Vermont Maple products.
When making french toast, it's usually suggested the bread is close to staling. However, we used a brand new batch of Thumb Bread® and it still toasted spectacularly, so go ahead and use it fresh out of the bag!
Ingredients for Maple French Toast Bites
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Bag of Thumb Bread®
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 3/4 Bar Melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Butternut Mountain Farm Maple Butter
- Butternut Mountain Farm granulated, pure Maple Sugar
- Butternut Mountain Farm Maple Syrup
- Sprinkle of powdered sugar
1. Slice bread into cubes (cut off the edges to get perfect squares)
2. Mix eggs, granulated maple sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in bowl
3. Melt butter over a pan and get it hot
4. Dip bread cubes into the egg and maple sugar mixture, making sure to coat on all sides (you don't need to 'soak' them, just give it a nice coat)
5. Place cubes on hot pan, making sure to get each side nice and brown
HINT: Wipe off the melted butter after each round and start with a fresh pan top so you get a nice brown
6. Mix granulated maple sugar with some more cinnamon in a bowl
7. Take the bread cubes while they are still a bit hot and sticky from the pan and coat them in the maple sugar mix
8. Serve with berries, top with a generous amount of powdered sugar and serve alongside maple syrup and maple butter
Psst... follow us on Instagram and TikTok @thumbbread for videos of our recipes!